This beautiful building is located on the corner of George Street and St Andrew Square.
Built between 1938 and 1940 for Caledonian Insurance, the largest insurance company at the time, the Capital Building was designed by architects Leslie Grahame Thomson and Frank J Connell.
In the 1980s, the interior was renovated to be a multi-tenant building for insurance and finance companies.
Further major renovation and modernisation of the building was carried out in 2007.
Two large bronze statues by sculptor Alexander Carrick are above the main entrance.
They represent “Safety” (man with girl) and “Security” (woman with baby and boy).
The Amarone Italian Restaurant is on the ground floor.